Table of Content
7 Points to know before applying for Renewal of FSSAI License and Registration (Form-C)
FSSAI License or Registration can be applied for a validity period ranging from one to five years. The application for Renewal of License need to be filed for further continuity of business and validity of license. Following are the 7 important points to know about renewal of FSSAI license and registration.
- Not renewing the FSSAI license can have legal implications, punishment or penalty.
- The application for renewal can be filed 120 days prior to the expiry of License/Certificate.
- The regulatory experts advise applying for renewal of license as soon as it can be done.
- As per the FSSAI license and registration regulations, it is mandatory to apply for the renewal of license 30 days prior to its date of expiry. On failing to do so, the Food Business Operator (FBO) is required to pay a late fee @ Rs.100/day.
- The fee for renewal is:
- Central License – Rs.7500 for one year
- State License – Rs.2000 for one year
- Registration – Rs.100 for one year
- The following documents are required to file for the application for renewal:
- Completed, filled and duly Signed Form-B.
- Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) Certificate/Declaration Regarding FSMS.
- Form IX: Nomination of Persons responsible for compliance.
- Declaration form
- It is mandatory for the FBOs to have submitted their annual return for the last financial year before filing the Application for Renewal of Form-C.
Food Regulatory framework in India is advancing with time and the continuity of food businesses demands continuous compliance with the regulatory systems. The steps towards compliance often requires dedicated workforce and management. To ensure 100% regulatory compliance, the Food Businesses have started seeking assistance from the Regulatory Experts.
For more information about FSSAI Licensing and Registration of Food Business regulations, contact www.foodsafetymantra.com
- Food Safety and Standards (Licensing and Registration of Food Business) Regulation, 2011 – https://fssai.gov.in/dam/jcr:b37feea8-d1d6-4a12-800a-e9290ea72e1d/Licensing_Regulations.pdf. (Accessed on:07.02.2019)