Table of Content
FSSAI Modification In Existing FSSAI License For +F Logo Endorsement
FSSAI releases a notification for modification in existing FSSAI license for Fortified foods (+F)logo endorsement in existing FSSAI license. It will be done online through the Food licensing and Registration System(FLRS). This is addressed to all the food safety commissioners of all states and Union Territories. It is only applicable to those Food Business Owners who have a valid FSSAI license for manufacturing or food processing kind of business.
This rule is for following food productcategories:
Food Product Category – 01 (Dairy products and analogues, excluding products of food category 2.0)
|Sub-category||01.1 (Milk and Dairy based drinks)|
|Sub-category||01.1.1 [Milk and Buttermilk (plain)|
Rice, Wheat Flour and Maida
Food Product Category – 06 Cereals and cereal products, derived from cereal grains, from roots and tubers, pulses, legumes and pith or soft core of palm tree, excluding bakery wares of food category 7.0
|Sub-category||06.1 Whole, broke or flaked grain, including rice|
|Sub-category||06.2 Flours and Starches (including soya bean powder)
Food Product Category -12 Salts, spices, soups, salads, protein products
|Sub-category||12.1 Salt and salt substitutes|
|Sub-category||12.1.1 Salt (including edible common salt, iron fortified salt, iodized salt)|
Food Product Category – 02 Fats and Oils and fat emulsions
|Sub-category||02.1 Fats and oils essentially free from water|
|Sub-category||02.1.2 Vegetable oils and fats|
Requirements for the Endorsement of Fortified Food:
- For submission of application regarding endorsement of the fortified food in FSSAI license, FBOs need to provide Commodity tests reports (from FSSAI notified NABL labs) to authenticate the claim required for fortification of food.
- The Endorsement Certificate of Fortified food(+F) to valid FSSAI license will be generated automatically.
- The systematic process flow for this is available at FLRS homepage(foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in)- User Manual for Endorsement of Fortified Products.
Steps of Process Flow Chart :
- In the FLRS web link, there will be login to the existing license or registration.
- Endorse Fortified Products will be displayed on the screen.
- On clicking,License/Registration Certificate list of the FBO will be displayed. Then click Proceed for License/Registration Certificate number.
- After that a pop-up will open with an Undertaking. Only after clicking “I Agree” the next step will come.
- The list of commodities as per the FSS regulations, standards of fortification will be displayed.
- The product details along with the Fortified Logo will be assigned as endorsement mentioned license number.
- FBOs who have applied for endorsement of fortified products need to re-apply and upload Commodity test reports for each fortified product.
According to this notification, licensing authorities will check randomly all the fortified food product endorsements and will inform the food business owner if any deviation is detected. This will bring clear visibility and transparency in the whole process of endorsement of fortification in the food products.
- Food Fortification Resource Centre – https://ffrc.fssai.gov.in/
- Order and Procedure of Endorsement for fortification and use of +F logo – https://ffrc.fssai.gov.in/endorsement#testing-param
- Modification in the existing FLRS for +F Endorsement – https://ffrc.fssai.gov.in/endorsement#modification-endorsement