Table of Content
Modification Of FSSAI License And Registration (Form C) In 7 Points
Food Business Operators (FBOs) are required to report any changes in the business to Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) within a reasonable time. Any changes related to kind of business, scale of production, products category or formulation etc. should follow the regulations. Once the FSSAI License or registration (Form C) has been granted, any change required in the same requires filing application for the modification of FSSAI License or Registration.
Following are the 7 key points required to know for filing application for modification of FSSAI License:
- Modification of FSSAI license or registration is of 2 types:
- Form C Modification – For the modification of information printed on Form C.
- Non – Form C Modification – For the modification of supporting information and documents.
- The fee for modification of Form C is the fee applicable for one year of new license or registration:
- Central License – Rs.7500
- State License – Rs.2000
- Registration – Rs.100
- No fee is required to be paid for Non-Form C modification.
- The application for modification requires re-submission of all the documents submitted at the time of applying for license.
- A declaration stating the changes for which application has been filed is also required.
- The Food Business Operator need to attach the supporting evidence or proof of change along with the application, as required.
- The application for modification is scrutinized by Designated Officer (DO) with reference to the existing Form C. On scrutiny, the DO may raise query or objection on the application, seeking clarification or required additional information from the FBO. The response to this query is required to be done within 30 days.
The changes are often done in business for its growth and development. The modification of Form C can be required for any of the purposes, such as, adding new business, address change, change in communication details or change in the product category etc. The help of regulatory experts can ease out the process of documentation for filing application. The coordination and communication with the Designated officers can be done with the help of professional liaisons.
- Food Safety and Standards (Licensing and Registration of Food Business) Regulation, 2011 – https://fssai.gov.in/dam/jcr:b37feea8-d1d6-4a12-800a-e9290ea72e1d/Licensing_Regulations.pdf. (Accessed on: 07.02.2019)